June 21, 2012

Movie Night: Peter Pan (1953)

Review #178: Peter Pan.

Cast
Bobby Driscoll (Peter Pan), Kathryn Beaumont (Wendy), Hans Conried (Captain Hook/George), Paul Collins (John), and Tommy Luske (Michael) Directed by Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson, and Hamilton Luske.

Review
Well, well, well, look at he cycle that I have gone through. I constantly refer to Disney in some of my reviews (#153 - The Incredibles, #156 - Aladdin), and I didn't think I would arrive to this point. But, look where we are. Anyway, this film was made in the so called Golden Age of Disney films, with Cinderella, Snow White, and other films that kids love to this day. The film has a reasonable length with a decent story and fine voice acting. I almost forgot to mention the story is from the 1904 play/1911 novel by J.M Barrie. Anyway, the film is magical and having some points that are at least memorable after nearly 60 years.

Overall, I give it 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment