April 4, 2013

Rest in Peace - Roger Ebert.

    There was a time when people watched two crtics talk about movies, not on paper, but on television, and it originally had Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert as the two critics. After Siskel's death, Richard Roeper would replace him, but the main defining force was Roger Ebert. He reviewed films for over 45 years, and he was the first critic I ever watched on TV, and probably the first for other people as well.

Roger Ebert once said that "Being a film critic mean finding someone who's willing to pay you to do what you love."

In his last words on his blog, he said: "So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies."

Truly he was a great man, and from a reviewer to another reviewer, my thoughts are with him and his loved ones.

Roger Ebert: 1942-2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment