December 30, 2014

Movie Night: What Happens in Vegas.


Review #685: What Happens in Vegas.

Cast
Ashton Kutcher (Jack Fuller), Cameron Diaz (Joy MacNally), Rob Corddry (Hater Lewis), Lake Bell (Tipper Saxson), Dennis Farina (Richard Banger), Queen Latifah (Dr. Twitchell), and Dennis Miller (Judge Whopper) Directed by Tom Vaughan.

Review
Oh look, today's December 30th, the day before New Year's Eve. In honor of that, I decided to watch a movie that I had watched when I was young...by which I mean when I was 14. Yes, I remember watching this way back before this show was even created, because the movie was loaned to us by a friend. I watched it once, and then we loaned it back to them. The only thing I can remember from the movie was that Dennis Farina was in it, who I loved watching on Law and Order, which was a thing I used to watch a little, or maybe because I was bored. Either way, I remember him and his distinctive voice and not remember the plot. So...yeah, what about this movie? Meh. Looking at my old house on Google Maps would've been a better revisiting of my past than this. This is at best a boring movie filled with characters who are as stale as waffles somewhere on your couch that decided to get married to the scissors also lost in the couch. Actually, it would be more beneficial for me to clean my couch and do winter homework than to watch this movie, or to try my fedora over and over again. The main problem with the movie is that it's just not funny, being more tedious than endearing. Maybe it's just me, but going to Las Vegas after being fired (by your dad, no less) is a bad idea. Then again, nicknaming one of your characters "Hater" is also a terrible idea. It's pretty sad when I can't make a Dennis Miller joke because I honestly had never heard of Miller prior to this movie and probably won't mention him again. The characters do change, but it's too little too late by that point as I realize I wasted my time and realized that I had a better time feeding my dog while on a break from this movie. Goldie is such a nice dog, though. Nicer than this movie.

Overall, I give it 3 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment