July 26, 2012

Movie Night: Arthur (2011).

Review #203: Arthur.

Cast
Russell Brand (Arthur Bach), Helen Mirren (Lillian Hobson), Jennifer Garner (Susan Johnson), Greta Gerwig (Naomi Quinn), Luis Guzmán (Bitterman), Nick Nolte (Burt Johnson), and Geraldine James (Vivienne Bach) Directed by Jason Winer.

Review
I am aware that this is a remake (The first being made in 1981 with Dudley Moore, who I've covered before) However I haven't seen the film, so there ya go. Anyway, Russell Brand is...I don't know how to describe him other then a mix of a off-my-meds pirate with a bit of hazes added in. But playing the role of a rich alcoholic, he just works. Brand and Mirren have some good deliveries that keep the film from just being a remake. It can stand on its own legs and not need to be collapsed by fears of being not as good. A decent film that doesn't have much against it.

Overall, I give it 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment