October 1, 2012

Movie Night: Jetsons: The Movie.


Review #251: Jetsons: The Movie.

Cast
George O'Hanlon (George Jetson), Penny Singleton (Jane Jetson), Tiffany (Judy Jetson), Patric Zimmerman (Elroy Jetson), Don Messick (Astro the Dog), Jean Vander Pyl (Rosie the Robot), and Mel Blanc (Mr. Cosmo Spacely) Directed by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera.

Review
To begin with, I have not ever watched The Jetsons (Which apparently was a television show from 1962) And if I really judged the show and its characters by this movie, it wouldn't be a good statement. I swear I think George is incredibly lazy (Almost as much as Homer Simpson) The rest of the cast isn't really that better. One good though is the animation. It boasts some top notch CGI in some scenes with decent drawn animation. But of course the main thing that gets me is its plot. It tries to be more in touch with the year it is (1990), and yet it still feels like the year it once was (1962) I will give praise for Mel Blanc, who does an alright job, given that this was his last film role (Mel Blanc had voiced many characters, his most famous being Bugs Bunny for over 50 years) All in all, the film falters in some areas, yet it rises a bit in other areas. And yet I'm still wondering, why did they make this film? Was it out of random or to foreshadow Tom and Jerry and The Flintstones? I don't know. But who wants to know?

Overall, I give it 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment