May 12, 2013

Movie Night: Muppets from Space.


Review #377: Muppets from Space.

Cast
Dave Goelz (The Great Gonzo, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Waldorf, The Bird Man, The Swedish Chef and Zoot), Steve Whitmire (Kermit the Frog, Rizzo the Rat, Beaker and Bean Bunny), Frank Oz (Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal and Sam the Eagle), Bill Barretta (Pepe the King Prawn, Bobo the Bear as Agent Rentro, Johnny Fiama, Bubba the Rat and Rowlf the Dog), Jerry Nelson (Robin the Frog, Statler, Uber-Gonzo and Floyd Pepper), Jeffrey Tambor (K. Edgar Singer), and Andie MacDowell (Shelley Snipes) Directed by Tim Hill (#308 - Alvin and the Chipmunks)

Review
It figures that I review a Muppets film, and what better than on Mothers' Day? I know, I could've have picked something else. But I don't care at this point. But hey, can I trust a film directed by someone who would later on make an unspeakable sell out with chipmunks? Eh...sort of. The Muppets themselves are interesting and they do have some good lines that do make me chuckle. The Muppets are more interesting than the human characters, maybe because they have more intelligence than the actual humans, which makes me groan. The effects work alright, and the story flows well in a relatively typical run time of 88 minutes, which at this point, isn't that surprising, but oh well. At least this gives me another opportunity to watch Frank Oz and his voicework, which is welcome. The film is alright for the most part, flowing decently, and this in a way is a underrated gem.

Overall, I give it 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment