August 16, 2014

Movie Night: Bride Wars.


Review #630: Bride Wars.

Cast
Kate Hudson (Olivia Lerner), Anne Hathaway (Emma Allen), Candice Bergen (Marion St. Claire), Chris Pratt (Fletcher Flemson), Bryan Greenberg (Nathan Lerner), Steve Howey (Daniel Williams), Kristen Johnston (Deb), and Michael Arden (Kevin) Directed by Gary Winick.

Review
Zzzzzzzzzzz....hmm? Oh sorry, I was busy sleeping, it seems I decided to take a nap after watching this film, hoping to find my happy place. It didn't work. The movie is rarely entertaining but its worst problem is the lack of fun you get with these characters. I guess these characters were supposed to change over time as the movie goes on, though that really doesn't happen. The whole movie rides on a clerical error. Actually, I take that back, it rides on the stubbornness on one of these characters simply changing their wedding venue or just having a double wedding, instead they morph into vengeful people who do pranks on the other one that are less funny and more head-shaking, as explained above. The supporting cast is mediocre, I'm surprised that the main characters aren't too angry (or suing it for that matter) at the wedding planner even though it is responsible for this "war" occurring. This is at heart a boring movie that makes me wonder how sleep doesn't help me find that happy place. At least the next movie (and review) will be better than this, I promise you that. Zzzzzzzzz.....

Overall, I give it 3 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment