January 24, 2015

Movie Night: Seems Like Old Times.


Review #692: Seems Like Old Times.

Cast
Goldie Hawn (Glenda Parks), Chevy Chase (Nick J. Gardenia), Charles Grodin (Ira J. Parks), Robert Guillaume (Fred), Yvonne Wilder (Aurora), Harold Gould (Judge John Channing), George Grizzard (Stanley), and T. K. Carter (Chester) Directed by Jay Sandrich.

Review
I admit, it's been a while. But hey, nobody's perfect. What movie do I have in store this time? A good old fashioned comedy that manages to juggle its gags and story on the weight of its main three actors. Hawn and Chase manage to be so fun together, and they both are enjoyable to watch, especially Hawn, who is really good at timing. I don't know why, but my favorite scene with Grodin is him trying to get into a cab with a bunch of dogs already in it, amusing because I love his frustration, especially when I think back to Beethoven (#577), and how he can just have the right expression. It had been a while since I had seen a film written by Neil Simon (#244 - The Sunshine Boys), and he does a good job with the interactions of the characters along with the situations, complimented well by Sandrich, a television director who directed this, his first and so far only film. The movie keeps itself in check just long enough to make for a good time along with being a charming film.

Overall, I give it 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment