November 1, 2012

Movie Night: Rocky II.


Review #277: Rocky II.

Cast
Sylvester Stallone (Rocky Balboa), Talia Shire (Adrian), Burt Young (Paulie), Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed), Burgess Meredith (Mickey), Tony Burton (Tony Evers), and Sylvia Meals (Mary Anne Creed) Directed by Sylvester Stallone (#047 - The Expendables)

Review
It's a new month, a month washed away from the horrors of October and into something anew. And I what do I review for the first of the month? A sequel to a film I've reviewed here. How long has it been since my review of Rocky? Really, really long, back in December. December 2010, to be exact. (#003 - Rocky) 274 reviews later, here I am. So how is the sequel? It is without a doubt...A good film. I think it rivals the first film in terms of quality, as it springs more character development, more emotional issues, and more...Stallone, who wrote along with directed (doing the latter until the fifth film). The acting is good, Weathers gets more of a chance to just be angry, but you do feel for him and why he is angry. The boxing here is a bit more tense here, and in the end it has a good conclusion for a film that still lives on to this day as a strong sequel to an already strong first film.

Overall, I give it 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment