December 25, 2012

A Movie Night Christmas Carol.



A Movie Night Christmas Carol.

A person was sitting in his desk, looking at his keyboard and then his screen. He shook his head afterwards. "What am I doing here? Why do I review these films sometimes?", He looked around, trying to find his tie (Presumably to calm himself in anger), but he could not. 


"Ah well. Why should I watch next?", he looked around, trying to see if he could find something good to watch, anything at all in his (somewhat) lone life. He then started to walk to his shelf, when he tripped over the couch, and while trying to stop himself, he hit himself on the shelf. "Urgh..."

"Oooh...." 

"What?"

"Ah, it is you." 

The being resembled a mix between a rock star and a king, with crowns and chains covering his left arm, a cast if you if will. He had a batch of wind with the leaves that seemed to follow him around.

"Who are you?"

"I am Mr. Tomorrow."

"For a moment there, I'd though you'd be Roger Ebert or the Terminator, like my first review. That would've been better."

"Anyway, I am here to warn you about three beings who will visit you soon. They are-"

"Past, Present, and Future?"

"How did you guess?

"Lucky guess."

"That is my cue, goodbye to you, and I wish you well with the three beings."

"Yea, three beings, like they'll be there..."

He did know they were coming. They were somewhere around the corner, all coming in at different times. He suddenly felt a burst of wind, with a breeze not felt of by man ever before. 

"Oh I wonder who it is...", he commented to himself. 

The being approached him, resembling...A guy in a tophat with rainbow colors and sparklers, shockingly enough. He also seemed to cary an unknown jewel, the color kept changing from teal to purple to even maroon. 

"Welcome. I am the Ghost of-"

"Christmas Past. Yea, I know."

"So Mr. Tomorrow told you of me then."

"Not really, I just guessed."

"I'm getting offtrack, I am here to show your past, the early days of reviewing, the good ol' days."

"Did you really say good ol' days? This is going to su-"

"Silence! Let us travel. Willingly."

The two traveled in a puff of odd looking smoke, as the two materialized.

"It looks like a great, hot su-"

"Winter. My kind of weather, shockingly enough."

"Ah. Here, you are, stating reviews...."

"It tries so hard to work everything up to be funny and heartwarming, yet the film just doesn't fall into place."

"See, wasn't that fun saying that and typing it as well?"

"I said that in my review of Christmas with the Kranks. Horrible memory, and thank you for reminding me."

"Well you're no fun. At least you reviewed Christmas films, like A Christmas Story, A Christmas Carol and Scrooge."

"Yeah, but I had others, like Transformers, Just Go With It, and more."

"Ah. You're a downer. The other being will hopefully help you."

"I doubt it."

The ghost dissapeared, as an another ghost quickly appeared with a panama hat on his head and an umbrella that he must've found (or perhaps duplicated) as it had a Question mark at the end. He also had a bag of spoons for some reason.

*sighs* "Oh gee, I wonder who this ghost is..."

"I am the Ghost of Christmas Present."

"So what do you want to show me, oh ghostly one?"

The two were transported to the present, near a house, not a familar house.

"Where am I?"

"That is not important. What is important is that you watch."

There were a group of people, playing in the grass. 

"Hey, it's those pople I have no connection with. Hello?"

"They cannot hear you, you fool."

"Then what's the point of this?"

"WATCH."

"Merry Christmas!" "Agreeable dear fellow."

"What is this, Victorian England?"

"If you had not interrupted, you might've leaned that the world around you does a while lot more then a keyboard and films."

"That's just-"

"Hold that thought. The final ghost will finally teach you a lesson. Goodbye, fellow. I must go to my...urm...machine."

He gave him a fobwatch, leaving soon afterwards.

"Well. Who's the next lackey? Who can possibly make my spirits any better now? You hear me? Give it your best shot!"

*wind swooshes around*

"Wha?"

Lightning stuck around as the two were suddenly transported to a new place. A place far different than the last two. 

"Who are you? The Ghost of Christmas Future?"

The figure did not speak, it only pointed ahead. It was moderately tall figure, wearing black.

"It figures, you seem to resemble Death, but why don't you repersent something less...clichely creepy?"

The figure changed into a new outfit. It had a familiar tone to it, wearing blue pants, with a button down shirt. 

"You! Of all the people, it had to be...You."

"So what are you here to show me?"

The quiet figure found what he was looking for, as he pointed down to a stone on the ground.

"No...Not this! Why him? Why...?"

There was a small paper next to the grave, as he picked it up, reading a line he had read only twice before.

"Graves of the dead,
This is what others dread.
Ashes to ashes, 
dust to dust."

"There, you happy? Now that you got me to look over the graves, the grave of my...father. Future me, is this your objective?"

"Yes. Now do you understand this entire thing?"

"Yes, yes I do."

"Do you want to live on?"

"Yes! Yes I want to live!"

Suddenly he was returned to his desk, the ghosts gone, hopefully for the first and last time. 

"I'm here? I'm alive? Yes! Is it what I think it is?"

He saw the Christmas tree in the house, bright as light, shining bright. 

"Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas to all of you!"

He ran off, delighted at his new spruce at life.

"Merry Christmas and bless us everyone!"





The End. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment